What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following data about you:
- Information you provide to us when signing up to an event or registering interest via our website.
- Information you provide for the purpose of subscribing to our newsletters or other communications.
How do we use this information?
- To keep you up to date on news relating to Onelife and our work.
- Send you marketing communications relating to our activities, events and resources that we think might be of interest to you by email.
- Provide information you have requested.
- Process donations you give us or to support your fundraising for us, for example gift aid.
- Classify supporters by location.
basis for processing your data
- Consent: We will always process your personal data on the basis of consent you provide us with. You are free to change your preferences at any time, either by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or changing your preference on any email you receive from us.
- Legitimate interest: If you are an existing supporter we may contact you by email to where we have a legitimate interest to do so.
how long will we store your data?
- We will keep your personal information for a length of time depending on the context in which you provided it.
- We will only keep information that is necessary for us to provide services which you have requested, i.e. for newsletters, resource updates and for statistical purposes.
- We will keep records of any donations for the legally required amount of time to meet tax and accounting requirements.
- We will only hold sensitive information such as medical information for as long as necessary i.e. until the end of an event.
How do we keep your data secure?
- We will ensure that we have appropriate technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- All electronic information is stored securely with restricted access via secure login credentials. On the rare occasion that we store physical records; appropriate levels of security are employed to ensure restricted access & protected storage.
- We will ensure that access to personal data is restricted to staff members or volunteers whose job roles require such access and that suitable training is provided.
- However, we must state that despite all efforts; the internet is not 100% safe so we cannot fully guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Sharing your information
- We may need to pass on information if required by law or by a regulatory body. For example, a Gift Aid audit by the HMRC, or if asked for details by a law enforcement agency.
- You can change your preferences or what you receive from us at anytime, either by following the link at the bottom of an email you receive from us or by contacting us on email at email@example.com.
- You can also update your personal data at anytime by doing the same.
- Should you wish for us to stop processing your data, you can get in contact with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
access to information
- You have the right to request details of the information we hold about you. To receive a copy of the personal information we hold please write to our Data Protection Officer at the address given below.
- For more information about your rights under the Data Protection Act you can visit the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office.
changes to our policy
- We may change this policy from time to time as to keep up to date with the law, but this page will always reflect our current practices.
Data Protection Officer,
5-7 Cromwell Road,